Subject: Space Hulk is Back! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Zielinski
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rumors were true! Space Hulk is going to be printed again.

It is only going to be printed in limited numbers, and you can get more infomation here:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?...

Great game. I have two versions of it already, and will plan to pick up this edition as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Moody
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this and didn't know what to think. I have great memories of playing this game in High School, so on face value I want to run right out and overpay for the new version.

On the other hand, I have great memories of playing Talisman, Axis and Allies, and others that now are eclipsed by what I feel are better games.

Will I find that Space Hulk also belongs more in the nolstalgia bin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leibig
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greetings,

I couldn't help myself. I loved this game when I got it 20 years ago. (I can't believe it was 20 years -- I am old) I know my son will love it. I pre-ordered it from Funagain about 2 minutes after I saw the thread.

Sincerely,

M. Leibig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Survive: Space Attack! Coming Soon!
badge
DiceTower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
aslskfan wrote:

It is only going to be printed in limited numbers, and you can get more infomation here:

Great game. I have two versions of it already, and will plan to pick up this edition as well.

I ordered it as well, although I balked a bit at $100...

BTW, 'limited' is a bit of a misnomer here (although that's GW's terms, not Mark's). There are about 70,000 copies being produced, which dwarfs any print run we are used to in the hobby market (P500 anyone?)

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about this one, but it's way out of my price range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoody wrote:
I saw this and didn't know what to think. I have great memories of playing this game in High School, so on face value I want to run right out and overpay for the new version.

On the other hand, I have great memories of playing Talisman, Axis and Allies, and others that now are eclipsed by what I feel are better games.

Will I find that Space Hulk also belongs more in the nolstalgia bin?

I know exactly how you feel. Plenty of those games from the good old days are probably best left in our memories. I really think Space Hulk holds up fairly well though. Is it good enough to buy for $100? Not to me. That price tag is REAL hard for me to justify. And SH is two-player which is even worse for me but I'm sure it's just fine for others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leibig
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greetings,

The game is at Funagain for $80. That is TI3 price range -- sadly. I will definitely play Space Hulk more than I would TI3.

Sincerely,

M. Leibig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
DiceTower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Unboxing showing the contents has been posted on the GW site.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=3...

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
aslskfan wrote:

BTW, 'limited' is a bit of a misnomer here (although that's GW's terms, not Mark's). There are about 70,000 copies being produced, which dwarfs any print run we are used to in the hobby market (P500 anyone?)

Geoff

What is your source for the 70,000 copies. Just curious and would like to read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
DiceTower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
engelstein wrote:
aslskfan wrote:

Geoff

What is your source for the 70,000 copies. Just curious and would like to read it.

Wow! You're pretty curious!

It was posted by someone on the 40K Radio Freebootaz board. It was a gentleman from Europe (Spain, I believe) who said there would be 5,000 in his country and 70,000 worldwide.

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
johnnyspys wrote:
engelstein wrote:
aslskfan wrote:

Geoff

It was posted by someone on the 40K Radio Freebootaz board. It was a gentleman from Europe (Spain, I believe) who said there would be 5,000 in his country and 70,000 worldwide.

Geoff

What is this guys source? I mean I understand that if it is on the Internet it must be true but I would still like to check.
I am curious because a friend of mine is interested but would rather order from a discount retailer if enough copies are being released. 70,000 will be more than enough I suspect. By the way sorry for all the postings, I am going to delete them. Earlier today the website kept crashing and the post did not appear at all. I certainly looked super crazy eager...lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
DiceTower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
engelstein wrote:
johnnyspys wrote:
engelstein wrote:
aslskfan wrote:

Geoff

Geoff

What is this guys source? I mean I understand that if it is on the Internet it must be true but I would still like to check.
I am curious because a friend of mine is interested but would rather order from a discount retailer if enough copies are being released. 70,000 will be more than enough I suspect. By the way sorry for all the postings, I am going to delete them. Earlier today the website kept crashing and the post did not appear at all. I certainly looked super crazy eager...lol

Here is the latest info I've seen:

Quote:
Hey everybody, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not but I had been told a week ago by a very reliable source that there will only be 5000 copies of this in the US and Canada. This was confirmed yesterday by a friend of mine that called in to pre order his.

If you have any way to swing it I say you grab it. If you find out that it isn't for you just sell it off to people that missed out.

You can leave all the models of the game on the sprue and just use your own Dark Angels termies if you want.

I think you will find it will not be a losing scenerio if you do this.

So take that as you will...

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I am starting to see so many different stories I think I will just tell my friend to buy it if he wants it so I don't have to hear him complain if he doesn't get a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my review of the new edition
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/435147

Yes I had access to a copy from my local store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.