Follow me if you want to play wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Santa, can you hear me?
Santa, can you see me?
Santa, can you find me on the 'net?
Santa, are you near me?
Santa, can you hear me?
Santa, did you send me my game yet?

I know I'm not alone in being totally in the dark with my Secret Santa. No package, no GeekMails, no nothing. While I've done my part already and have sent out to MY target, I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that I may not obtain mine in time. Who's with me?

Please post if you're still waiting to hear from your Secret Santa, either by receipt of package or by GeekMail. But please also update everyone following this if/when you hear from Santa.

EDIT:
BIG IRONY

I go to work this morning, and what should happen to be in my P.O. Box, waiting for me??? laugh

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/geeklist/48431/item/1133246#item...

I'm going to keep this thread up, so that others can have a gathering point while they await word/parcel(s) from Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a deep breath, and relax.
It isn't 2012, and the world hasn't ended just yet.

I'm sure Santa hasn't forgotten the good little boys and girls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb

I dunno... do we have to identify with Yentl?

-R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

I'm only concerned. Not angry. But I understand that some others will be more anxious than I am, and could use this as just some sort of therapy to help calm them down, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ghool wrote:

I'm only concerned. Not angry. But I understand that some others will be more anxious than I am, and could use this as just some sort of therapy to help calm them down, too.

I'm in the reverse situation. I geekmailed, stalked, etc. my target, and no response, nothing. I've sent the package, it was delivered, no response, nothing.

:-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ghool wrote:

I'm in the reverse situation. I geekmailed, stalked, etc. my target, and no response, nothing. I've sent the package, it was delivered, no response, nothing.

Yeah, I understand. It's nice to be "recognized," even if it's incognito. I hope my target will acknowledge my gift and efforts, as well, though I know it's not as much as others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Verstraete
Belgium
Ooike
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ghool wrote:

Sounds familiar with me, last year I had the same experience. It was my first time as secret santa and wanted to make something special of it. I taunted and geekmailed and send 3 presents seperately. Did not hear a word from my target, was a little bit dissapointed.

But hey, this year I got a very warm respons from my target, so that's ok.

For the moment I'm also waiting for my present from my secret Santa. Butt he did send me a very fun and entertaining geekmail, so I keep the faith and wait patiently at my frontdoor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South Africa
Cape Town
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually wish I had some idea what I might be getting. Don't want to end up with duplicates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've already sent and received my SS stuff so I'm out of the woods (yep I know my package was received also.)

Still I'm thinking a post like this is cool to let the Santa's out there know they they can contact their target and still keep their anonymity by logging into the Secret Santa sock puppet account. You do this by logging out of your BGG account then relog in using:

USERNAME: santa
PASSWORD: password

Then you just send an e-mail your target and let them know the status of the gift. It keeps anxiety down a bit if you do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since talking back to Santa is difficult via geekmail (there's so many emails there), Santa sends me Geekmails and I leave my replies in my profile. It works well for us meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Patricolo
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand there's no obligatiion to be a "talkative" (does this word exists? :-P) Santa or target. I understand we all have a RL and often we don't have the time to write two or three lines... (with my two kids I understand it very well)

But is sad to not receive no response to the geekmail sent as Santa nor a little word from your personal Santa. (And I'm not speaking about the gift, which is yet to come, too ).

This year will be, I fear, a Silent Secret Santa shake

But it's fine, as long as I've been able to send my present to a far and cold country :-)

Bye,
Fabio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Santa sent me a message at the beginning of December so although I have nothing yet I'm not afraid.

However he was very angry when I stated in another thread that he didn't exist. Whoops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
Santa sent me a message at the beginning of December so although I have nothing yet I'm not afraid.

However he was very angry when I stated in another thread that he didn't exist. Whoops.

Same here (for the wargamer santa), though I didn't make the mistake of accusing him/her of non-existence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gudjon Torfi Sigurdsson
Iceland
Isafjordur
Isafjardarbaer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, I haven't heard anything yet from my (existing Secret Santa) - I'm crossing my fingers though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gardner
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
Bah da da da da da da... da da da da da da da... DAH dah DAH!
badge
Gabriel Knight. Check it out at GOG.Com
mbmbmbmbmb
Threads like this make me a little sad. I know it's about the giving, but why participate if you're not going to get into it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wagner Rodrigues
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard any word from my Secret Santa too.
I'm not much worried about getting a present, but I think it's at least polite to say something to your target.
I got a person in Chile and I sent the present already. Hopefully it will get there in time. But even though I told him it could take a little bit longer due to the long shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ghool wrote:

I`m with you on this one, my targets suited and booted even had to contact them directly `cos the FedEx elves got all nervous in the big city and couldnt find them.

Like you I have`nt had a taunt or a geekmail from Santa (likely to be innundated with bogus messages now), my concerns are more related with our postal systems slowing to a glacial pace this time of year or having to collect it and not being able to get there until new year and finding they`ve returned it because it was`nt claimed in time. Could also be my wish list is a bit small and limited (if you`re reading, sorry Santa).
Its my first SS and I really enjoyed checking out another persons profile and wish list and picking something I hope they will enjoy.

A big thanks must go to Tom for running it again and to everyone who has taken part and joined in the fun. I really have enjoyed reading all the posts and seeing whats been sent and received, makes me all the more keen, anxious, excited at whats coming my way!?

UPDATE: have received contact from my SS advising I have been good and will get something.. From his message it looks like he is returning to active duty in Baghdad anytime soon, so perhaps organising a gift was not high on his list of priorities and rightly so. I sincerely hope all goes well for my secret santa in 2010 my thoughts will be with him and his family.

The e-tailer he has used have contacted me and advised a package will arrive next week.... so I get 2 Christmases. Result!.

UPDATE:

Wow!!!
Not only did my santa pick one game from my wish list; "Le Havre" but a bonus second game "Duel in th Dark".
Santa I am bowled over by your generosity, Take great care on your travels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryon Petrie
United States
Kaukauna
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Even if they haven't opened it yet; At least acknowledge you received the package.

jageroxorz wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ghool wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Ghool wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I emailed, I taunted and the gift has been received...but no post, no response to my taunts.

For me, the gifts (both given and received) are secondary. It's the banter that's the key!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bacchus
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure Santa might be doing last minute test rides on the SS2009 (Santa Sleigh 2009) sleigh getting it ready for the new season. I imagine that a lot of man hours go into the aerodynamics... or something.

Elven engineering at it's finest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silverfox63 wrote:
I`m with you on this one, my targets suited and booted even had to contact them directly `cos the FedEx elves got all nervous in the big city and couldnt find them.

They did find me eventually, thanks to you! (And the box is taunting me daily, but I'm determined not to open it 'til Christmas.)

Alas, my target has been silent -- both years I've been in. Last year I did get an acknowledgement on the Thank You list. This year the prezzie got delayed -- I warned my target -- so I'm hoping at least I get some confirmation that it got there OK, and was (hopefully) appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
I have not received mine, but I do not expect to receive mine until after Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Philipp
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the reverse problem as well. I sent my gifts but have no way of knowing if they were properly delivered. I don't have the time to sift through tons of posts and stuff.

Isn't there a way to confirm targets got the goods?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
See my post above, of course this does require a degree of co-operation on the part of your target meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gudjon Torfi Sigurdsson
Iceland
Isafjordur
Isafjardarbaer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xelforp wrote:
Yah, I haven't heard anything yet from my (existing Secret Santa) - I'm crossing my fingers though!

Yahoo! The fingers did their job - I received a mail from my Secret Santa. It's best to trust your santa all the time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.